Thursday, December 3, 2009

Why do people with light eye color tend to need to wear glasses or contacts?

Throughout my lifetime, I've noticed that people with light colored eyes have a much higher chance in needing glasses or corrective contact lenses than those people with darker colored eyes...why is this??Why do people with light eye color tend to need to wear glasses or contacts?
because light colored eyes are recessive to dark colored eyes. Dark colors are more dominant and stronger. As with most recessive genes, it is more prone to infirmity and weaknesses.Why do people with light eye color tend to need to wear glasses or contacts?
I'm not sure how scientific your observations are. I'm light complexioned and my husband is very dark, and I don't need corrective lenses, yet he needs a heavy prescription.





Also, many people have had laser surgery on their eyes to negate the need for lenses, and of course, many people wear contact lenses, so mere observations by the lack of glasses may skewer the perception.





An interesting question -- you may want to look on the web to see if any actual studies have been done on this. I've personally never noticed what you have.
I've got two gueeses. It might have to do with traits passed down. The same traits that cause eye color may be linked to nearsightednes. I never noticed this, but my guess would be that since most minorites have brown eyes, and have less money, that they are less likely to be able to buy glasses or contacts. I know several black poeple who are nearsighted but don't have the money to but eye-glasses.
I'm not sure but I have blue eyes and they're very sensitive to light. My daughter has brown eyes and she never needs to squint. Hmm.





And I wear glasses.
im not sure but i have been wondering that same question for years i do know personally my eyes are sensetive to light even on overcast days


hopefully someone can answer this ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries