Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What is my genotype for eye color?

My eyes are brown.


My mom's eyes are hazel and my dad's eyes are brown.


My mom's mom's eyes are brown and my mom's dad's eyes are blue.


My dad's mom's eyes are blue and my dad's mom's eyes are brown.





Just wondering...if it's possible to find the answer to this question...





What is my genotype for brown eyes?? Heterozygous?? Homozygous dominant/recessive??





Thank you.What is my genotype for eye color?
Inheritance of eye color is not a simple dominant or recessive trait but is controlled by multiple genes. As a rule darker eye colors are dominant to lighter colored eyes. From the information provided, you are likely to be heterozygous for brown eye color. You can not be sure what the genotype is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries